Saturday, September 28, 2013

How to get people to blog about you



Recently I asked Gary Vaynerchuk a question on twitter. I was one of 7 people he answered in writing and was pleasantly surprised to be featured  in his blog post. What he did made my day and now here I am to blog about this as a thank you. You can see my original question in the link I provided...however he also unknowingly answered another question by example. How to get people to blog about you. You see I'm blogging about Gary for a couple of specific reasons and this isn't the first time either. This is the second time! So lets dig into why I'm blogging about him and why I think others are as well.

1) Authenticity
Each time you see Gary on youtube, twitter or anywhere he is himself. This is one of the main reasons I think he draws people in so easily and led to me admiring his style of doing business. If you ever find Gary on a platform, you can see he doesn't sugar coat anything, I think a lot of people respect that. By being honest with his audience he makes a great connection with us, which makes it a lot more special when he does something for you.

2) Empathy
So you know he's being authentic, but what also helps is he's very empathetic. Even though I've never met Gary in real life and I feel like he remembers me because of his ability to be so understand people. This is why I really liked his answer to my question. Read a blog he wrote about here, someone was disappointed in the comments section so he made it up to them. Of course there will always be people that can never be happy, but Gary's empathy helps him connect with everyone so each interaction gets him a lot of appreciation.

3) Give back more value than expected
Gary gave me a paragraph of an answer to my 1 minute thought out question, now that's a great ROI! This was a great way to surprise and delight me, which is the last reason I'm blogging about him today. By constantly giving people back more than they expect it earns him major points. Gary even does live streams with his audience giving back massive value by helping their businesses and making them more money!

So lets review. Gary is authentic in his brand and all of his content, which helps people feel close with him and like him a lot easier. Whenever he interacts with people he is empathetic with them and they like him more because he understands them. Finally Gary surprises people by giving them more value then they expected, which sets him apart and makes his audience personal ambassadors.

No comments:

Post a Comment